There have been lot of issues with windows 10 installation. This updated version of windows is really great and helpful. But, it has lot of issues with its installation and shows some typical errors while upgradation or installation process. I you have tried to upgrade Windows 10 last time and the process failed due to the 0xC1900101 – 0x4001E error. I was totally blank after getting this error. I tried to check all the systme files to check any issue with the error. Even I did a whole computer scan to find any corrupt files or any virus in the system. But, there are options for fixing this issue manually by using some tools. We will see step by stem.
First option to fix Error Code 0xC1900101 – 0x4001E
In this option we will use a Media Creation tool and install the update manually. You can Download a Media Creatio Tool from the official Microsoft‘s website.
- Click on the .exe file and click Accept the T&C.
- On the next screen, select Create Installation Media for another PC.
- Select language, architecture, and edition.
- Now select USB Flash Drive and ISO file to create. Select USB Flash Drive and plug in a USB that has at least 8 GB of free space.
- After that, open the USB drive and press Next. Media Creation tool will now download the update.
- When the download is complete, you will be asked to enter a product key, which is unnecessary if you are upgrading/reinstalling OS.
- When Windows 10 upgrade is ready to install, select Change in order to set either Keep personal files or apps, Keep personal files only, or Nothing.
- Finally, select Install. Once finished, the system will restart.
If this did not help of if you have tried using Media Creation Tool, then the culprit may be system-related issues.
Read also: How to fix Cloudflare error 522
Second option to fix Error Code 0xC1900101 – 0x4001E
In this option, you just have to install the system updates.
Open Settings and select System and Security.
- Find Windows Updates and click Check for updates.
- Select all items from the search results and click Install Updates.
- Restart your PC
This option to fix Error Code 0xC1900101 – 0x4001E
- Click Win key + S, type cmd in the search box, and press Enter.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Let the system perform the repair automatically.
- After that, reboot the system.
Fourth option to fix error code 0xC1900101 – 0x4001E
In this option you ahve to use a system restore point Use a System Restore Point
- Type Create a Restore point in the search bar and click on the search results.
- Select System Protection, click System Restore, and press Next.
- Select the last Restore point that you have created and then click Next.
- Click Finish and wait for the system to restore. After that, restart the system.
This method will work only if you have had a System Restore Point created before. If you didn’t, then it’s natural that the system cannot restore any settings.